Tournament conditions 67th CS Vincent van Gogh Christmas Volleyball Tournament
- At the CS Vincent van Gogh Christmas Volleyball Tournament all matches will be played according to the official Nevobo(Dutch Volleyball Association) rules for division one and lower.
Note: the first team mentioned in the competition program is the home playing team, the last mentioned team is the visiting team.
- Every team has to be dressed in uniform clothes. In the categories Male Higher I and Female Higher I it is also required that the uniforms are provided with players numbers on back and chest.
- Both captains and (one of) the referee(s) will sign the scoresheet. When there is no teller (person who keeps the score during the game) present arranged by the organisation, then the first mentioned team in the competition program has to take responsibility for keeping up the score at the counter. The (second) referee is responsible for filling in the scoresheet and delivers it back to the competition management.
- The competition program at kvtlive.nl is leading, but the matches can be replaced by the competition management to another field and/or time. The published times are the times to start.
- Every team is supposed to be present 30 minutes before start time at the sports centre. Every team is supposed to be ready to play 15 minutes before the match starts. If a team is 5 minutes late at the volleyball field then the first set will be announced as lost. If a team a team is 15 minutes late the second set will also be announced as lost.
- When the competition program requires it, the warming-up time at the net can be reduced to at least 5 minutes. If both captains prefer it, the warming-up time at the net can be replaced, in qualifying matches, by warming-up time at own half.
- Teams are allowed to play with one or two libero’s (sweeper). The libero has to be dressed different from the other players. Prior to the beginning of the match the referee has to be notified when a team is going to play with (a) libero(s). The libero’s have to be the same persons during the entire match.
- All matches are played in the following way:
All second rounds and semi-finales: Best of three (3th set until 15 points)
|Category||Qualifying matches||Finals||Net height|
|Male Higher 1||Always 2 sets||Best-of-5 (5e set until 15)||2,43 meter|
|Male Higher 2||Always 2 sets||Best-of-3 (3e set until 15)||2,43 meter|
|Female Higher 1||Best-of-3 (3th set until 15)||Best-of-5 (5e set until 15)||2,24 meter|
|Female Higher 2||Always 2 sets||Best-of-3 (3e set until 15)||2,24 meter|
|Boys||Always 3 sets||Best-of-3 (3e set until 15)||2,43 meter|
|Girls||Always 2 sets||Best-of-3 (3e set until 15)||2,24 meter|
- Teams from which is known they have less than 8 players at the finals. Will be excluded from the second rounds and semi-finals.
- Places in the second round (“kruisfinales”) are determined by the number of game points scored in the first round (qualifying matches). In case two or more teams have equal scores the decision will be made by:
- The ratio of the sets won and lost in all qualifying matches;
- The ratio of the points won and lost in all qualifying matches;
- The result of the match with your direct opponent;
- If these are all the same, a toss-up will decide.
When results from the qualifying matches are being compared the criteria will be compared in ratio.
- When a player is shown a red/ yellow card by the referee, and is held in one hand as a penalty, this player is excluded from the played set and have to sit on the stand.
- When a player is shown a red/yellow card held in both hands as a penalty, this player is excluded for the rest of the match, and is excluded from the following match. If this combination of cards is showed to the coach he has to leave the field.
The tournament secretary decides, after speaking with the involved player, officials and competition management about participation of the rest of the tournament.
- Decisions made by the referee(s) involving the matches are binding. Decisions about exclusion of the tournament can only be made by the tournament secretary. If the tournament conditions do not provide a solution the tournament secretary will decide.
- In the sports halls, Salland and the canteens, smoking is not allowed! During the matches the consumption of alcohol is prohibited. It is also forbidden to play under the influence of alcohol and/ or drugs.
Teams and/or participants that do not take these rules into consideration will lose their deposit and will risk being disqualified from the tournament. This also goes for behavioural problems at host families, at the accommodation ”Salland” and for other occasions in where rules are violated.